Below are our good ideas about our losing weight under the supervision of a nutritionist. If any question, you may leave a message below or consult a relevant qualified professional.
First of all, if you can, it is best to find a qualified nutritionist supervising the whole process of losing weight while maintaining the balance of nutrition inside your body. If you have to lose weight under any health problem, be sure to get a qualified nutritionist or a family physician to monitor the whole process of losing weight.
If you have to lose weight yourself, you have to watch out the following guidelines:
1. at all times, maintaining the balance of nutrition inside your body is a topmost priority
while you are losing weight. Not eating anything is not a good prescription for losing weight, because this will change or destroy the balance of nutrition inside your body, possibly causing big and small health problems in the long run. When making up your own meal, some nutritionists advise to pay attention to the guideline "three lows, one high" - low (not no) sugar, low (not no) salt, low (not no) fat, and high fibre.
2. anything sweet, oily, deep-fried, pan-fried, or already under deep-frying or pan-frying process, and too salty - such as potato chips - is not good for you to eat too much; eating in one or two bites may be okay within a long period of time. No sugar or non-fully-skimmed milk is added to your drinks. Fruit sugar is also sugar, so fruits with fruit sugar should be taken lightly each day. When you are eating outside, most of the sauces for flavoring, such as curry and thousand island sauce, contain lots of sugar or oil; so take much less or even no sauce. One more point should be mentioned is that one or two spoons of sugar can have the same amount of energy as one bowl of rice
, depending upon the size of the rice bowl; therefore, be cautious when you are eating food with sugar as an ingredient.
Summarizing the above two points, simply put, first of all, balance of nutrition is a must for every meal. Then, amounts of oil or fat, salt, and sugar for every meal you take must be closely monitored.
Question For Thoughts
： Sweet-food lovers, of course, wants to eat sweet food, so they reduce the amount of rice or other food containing carbohydrates that they take; finally almost all of them gain weight. Why?
3. The key factor of a successful weight loss is NOT to go along with your desire for food. Only depending upon your own determination against your food desire may not work well - if your own determination were strong enough, your weight shouldn't have been increased in the first place! So, there are ways to help you out, as below:
3a. Ask yourself and answer seriously, "there is lots of good and delicious food available, why taking food increasing your weight?" "Because I like eating this!" is only an excuse to spoil yourself, which is not reasonable at all. To be successful in losing weight, freely spoiling yourself is not absolutely acceptable. Such a short pause, to some extent, helps for building up your own determination instantly against food desire.
3b. 找一些可以幫助舒緩食慾的替代食物進食，如之前曾作介紹的嘉頓水餅 Canape
3b. Find some better food to replace your usual snacks. For example, Garden Water Cracker "Canape"
has been recommended before.
3c. A more risky approach - of course it may not work for all people - is that, if you want to eat food causing weight gain, only eat it at which you don't go easily - such as once every week - and food quality is exceptionally good. In this way, you can be more picky in eating such food, so that you are eating less. Classy and expensive restaurants may be the choices, but not every such restaurant may provide food at top quality. Avoid going to restaurants providing buffets or all-you-can-eat options. You should consider every detail of this approach carefully. Only the apporach helping you on losing weight can be adopted
4. Doing exercises helps losing weight. However, one may get hungry after exercises; one, who cannot stand against his or her own food desire well, may eat lots of food, cancelling the "rewards" of doing exercises out, or even aggravating one's own weight problem. If this applies to you, consider to do lighter exercises or to shorten the period of doing exercises; you may even bring a small amount of good snacks with you, such as water biscuits, to ease your food desire. One more point to be paid attention is that demanding exercises or movements make people get hurt easily; once you get hurt, it will adversely affect your progress on losing weight.
5. After a very good meal, you have to take much lighter meals with balanced nutrition afterwards, until you get a good body condition.
Above is just our good ideas on losing weight. I would like to hear yours, if any.